Jeffrey W. Hillis, J.D., M.B.A., is the President and CEO of AdCare Hospital of Worcester, Inc., an alcohol and drug specialty hospital in Worcester, Massachusetts with outpatient locations in Worcester, West Springfield, Boston, Quincy, and North Dartmouth, Massachusetts, as well as in Warwick, Rhode Island. The AdCare Inc. system also encompasses AdCare Rhode Island, a residential facility in North Kingstown, with outpatient offices in Greenville, Portsmouth, and South Kingstown, Rhode Island.
A third-generation member of the Hillis family, Jeffrey Hillis is committed to continuing the Hillis family tradition of providing quality patient care. Hillis, who joined AdCare Hospital as Vice President of Administration in 2002, became President of the Hospital in 2014, and President and CEO in 2018. He continues to oversee hospital operations, including The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) survey processes.
Areas of Expertise
The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) survey processes for AdCare Hospital, Legislation related to substance use treatment, managed care, and healthcare administration
Hillis meets regularly with legislative leaders, executive branch leaders, and representatives from managed care organizations to discuss issues surrounding substance use disorder treatment, managed care, finance, legal issues, and employment, and is a frequent presenter at conferences on issues related to substance use disorder treatment.
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Past Board Member of the National Association of Behavioral Health (NABH) Current Chair of its Addiction Treatment Committee
- Past Chair and current Member of the Massachusetts Association of Behavioral Health Systems (MABHS), serving on the Finance Committee, Standing Committee on Public Affairs, and Substance Use Disorder Task Force
- Active in the Massachusetts Hospital Association and serves on the Finance Committee Member of the Beacon Provider Advisory Committee
- Retired Board Member and past Treasurer of the Health Foundation of Central Massachusetts
- Retired Board Member and past Treasurer of the American Red Cross of Central Massachusetts
- Retired Board Member and Past President of the Worcester Economic Club