Mohammad Alhabbal, MD, ABFP, ABAM, is Medical Director at AdCare Hospital, as well as the principal of Lianne, Inc., an adult primary care and addiction medicine practice on the main campus of AdCare Hospital. A graduate of the Damascus University Medical School in Syria, Dr. Alhabbal completed his Family Medicine Residency at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester, Massachusetts, where he is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Family Medicine’s Hospitalist Division. Other positions include eleven years as an attending physician at AdCare Hospital, as well as employment as a family practitioner for the Primary Care Office in Worcester, Massachusetts. Dr. Alhabbal is certified by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and the American Board of Addiction Medicine (ABAM).
He is also a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM). Recent poster presentations include the Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) in the Primary Care Setting for the 2018 Massachusetts Society of Family Medicine’s Spring Refresher Conference in Boston, Massachusetts, and the 2018 Case Management Society of New England Conference in Sturbridge, Massachusetts.
Assistant Professor, University of Massachusetts Medical School
Honors and Awards
- Certificate of Appreciation UMass College of Nursing Student – 2017
- Certificate of Appreciation UMass College of Nursing Student – 2016
- Teacher of the Year Award, UMass Medical School, Worcester Family Medicine Residency – 2013
- UMass Memorial Health Care, Five Year Recognition Award – 2011
- Resident Teacher Award (STFN Society Teachers of Family Medicine) – 2006
Professional Memberships & Activities
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM)
- Syrian American Medical Society – New England Chapter SAMS-NE
- Society of Hospital Medicine, SHM
- American Academy of Family Physicians, AAFP
- Massachusetts Academy of Family Physicians, MAFP