AdCare Rhode Island
AdCare Rhode Island is a 59-bed inpatient alcohol and drug treatment center with a mission of providing transformational recovery experiences to individuals struggling with substance dependence.
The state-of-the-art facility is nestled on 30 acres of peaceful New England woodland in historic North Kingstown. The campus is conveniently located just minutes away from both the airport and downtown Providence. AdCare RI is also located close to pristine beaches and recreational areas for outdoor, therapeutic opportunities. The newly renovated facility is outfitted with semi-private rooms with private baths, fitness center, basketball courts, and many other amenities.
Rehab Programs & Therapies
We provide a full continuum of care that spans from medical detoxification/withdrawal management all the way through to outpatient programming/telehealth. Your treatment will be individualized and assessed on an ongoing basis, and we’ll start your aftercare planning with you on Day 1.
AdCare Rhode Island offers a variety of inpatient treatment options.
Detox is a crucial aspect of the inpatient program, as it addresses the body’s physical/chemical dependence on a substance. Going through detox allows individuals to safely and comfortably go through the process of withdrawal under the care, support, and supervision of our medical staff and to focus on the emotional and psychological elements of healing. AdCare Rhode Island provides medically-monitored withdrawal management services for a range of addictive substances and provides both comfort medications and detox medications (e.g, methadone) to help you through the process.
We use evidence-based methods to help you make decisions about the type of care that is right for you. As you move through detox, you’ll receive 24/7 supervision from our caring and compassionate medical staff. You’ll also be introduced to the disease concept of addiction and the principles of a healthy recovery and may participate in both individual and group therapy.
ASAM level = III.7
Services & Amenities
Enhanced Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
In addition to standard opioid and alcohol detox protocols, AdCare Rhode Island has established a unique set of enhanced MAT protocols for patients suffering with opioid use disorder (OUD). During inpatient treatment, individuals are provided with information and can initiate on MAT protocols that include Suboxone maintenance therapy, naltrexone/Vivitrol treatment, and methadone maintenance treatment. Patients who are currently on methadone maintenance and doing well in recovery also have the opportunity to rapidly detox from high doses of methadone and transition to either Suboxone or Vivitrol over a four-week period.
Crisis Stabilization Unit
This program provides dual diagnosis services for individuals with co-occurring substance dependency and psychiatric symptoms. This can be an effective alternative to inpatient psychiatric care for individuals whose symptoms are/can be stabilized with psychiatric medications. An initial psychiatric evaluation will determine the best medication regime to stabilize symptoms. Individual counseling, intensive psycho-education group work, and expressive therapies are utilized to address issues related to substance use, as well as psychiatric disorders.
Once patients are stabilized, they often step down to residential treatment for continuing care and support.
Acute Residential Programs
Rehabilitation and the Acute Residential programs provide the structure and treatment needed to support a healthy and ongoing recovery. The program offers a full range of clinical services to stabilize health and engage individuals in treatment and aftercare, including:
- Individual counseling
- Group therapy
- Expressive therapy
- Psycho-education groups
- Family integration into treatment
- Access to individual and family aftercare resources
- Family day 1x per month (on hold during COVID-19)
We aim to make your stay here feel as much like home as possible. When in treatment, you’ll have:
- Access to a dietician to ensure you’re getting the nutrients you need to regain your health.
- Family-style cooking and comfort food.
- Sunday brunch.
- Coffee, snacks, and juice (always available).
- Smoking patio.
- Access to electronics (after detox).
Veterans and first responders are welcome at AdCare. We work closely with local VAs to bring necessary mental health and substance abuse treatment to veterans and first responders struggling with these issues. Most of our veterans and first responders reside in the same unit while receiving treatment, building a sense of community and forging bonds that will last long after discharge.
ASAM Level III.5
Check Your Insurance
When you – or your loved one – arrives, you’ll find a team of compassionate caregivers who will offer an onsite drug and alcohol intake assessment before starting treatment. You’ll also find camaraderie with other people at AdCare Treatment Centers who have committed to changing their lives, too.
Most insurance plans are required to offer some form of coverage for rehab. Learn how to use health insurance to pay for rehab and what your plan covers by checking your insurance benefits with our free, secure tool below.
We’ll be able to tell you if your provider is in network with AdCare Treatment Centers and all American Addiction Centers locations. This means your treatment may be FREE1
Address 1950 Tower Hill Rd. North Kingstown, RI 02852
Our Promise to You
When you invest and successfully complete 90 consecutive days at an American Addiction Centers facility, we believe that you have created the most solid foundation for your long-term goals of sobriety. In the event that you experience a relapse, you are welcome back for a complimentary 30 days of our treatment*.
*Terms and conditions may apply, and results may vary.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I bring to rehab?
- (Required) Photo Identification Card and Insurance card(s)
- (Required) (3-4) changes of casual, non-revealing clothes – jeans, sweat clothes, etc. Bring layers.
- Prescription Medication in the original prescription bottles/packages, with patient’s name on it
- (1) carry-on size overnight or duffel bag of personal belongings only
- (1) sweater or sweatshirt for layering in areas where air conditioning may be an issue
- (1-2) Pairs of Pajamas, Robe, Slippers, Socks
- (1) Pair of Shower Shoes/Flip Flops
- Alcohol-free make-up
- Alcohol-free toiletries ONLY (No Perfumes, Colognes – these contain alcohol)
- Toothbrush, Hairbrush, Comb, etc.
- Hair Dryers, Curling Irons – must be safety-tested by Maintenance prior to use
- If you are a smoker - Unopened carton or Packets of cigarettes. Note: rules about how cigarettes and other smokeless products are subject to change.
What should I leave at home?
- Suggestive clothing or clothing with pro-drug/alcohol messages or images
- Tank Tops, short-shorts for Men AND Women
- Sharp objects, nail clippers, etc.
- Shaving equipment
- Baby Powder
- Cell Phones - Note: Cell phones are locked up upon admission
- Computers, iPads or Tablets
- iPods, MP 3 Players or Radios
- Jewelry or Watches that you are NOT 100% prepared to loseNote: Only a limited number of valuables can be locked up upon admission
- Blankets, Pillows or Stuffed Animals
- Hair Dryer/Curling Iron
Do you provide transportation?