New England Drug Abuse and Facilities that can Help
Individuals who struggle with a substance use disorder focus on using specific substances like illicit drugs, alcohol, or even tobacco. They do this to the degree that it impacts their way of functioning each day. Individuals who continue to use substances, despite the consequences that the substance abuse causes, may have what is known as an addiction.
AdCare Treatment Centers offer treatment for substance abuse, and are located throughout the states of Massachusetts and Rhode Island. AdCare is part of American Addiction Centers (AAC), which is the nationwide leader in addiction treatment. AdCare offers a holistic approach to treating individuals. What this means is that we look at the whole person, including any co-occurring disorders, medical history, circumstances, substance of abuse, and any other relevant variables that may contribute to their addiction.
Substance abuse and alcohol abuse continue to be issues in the United States. Let’s take a look at both Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
The state of Massachusetts is faced with the opioid crisis like many parts of the country. In 2018, 88% of overdose deaths due to drugs involved at least one opioid. This equated to 1,991 deaths.
- 3 opioid prescriptions were written for every 100 individuals. Compared to the nationwide average for opioid prescriptions (51.4), Massachusetts has one of the lower rates.
- In 2018, opioid-involved deaths (prescription opioids or heroin) remained at 475 (a 7.0 rate) and 331 (a 4.7 rate).
In 2018, 43.0 opioid prescriptions were written by Rhode Island physicians for every 100 individuals. This is higher than the rate for Massachusetts, but still lower than the national average in the United States of 51.4.
- Deaths involving prescription opioids was at 85, or at the rate of 7.7 in 2018.
- In 2018, heroin-related deaths were at 24, or at the rate of 2.2.
Although the opioid rates have remained steady in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island, there are still individuals battling with substance abuse in those states and across the country. Those individuals still need help and need to be made aware of what their options are.
AdCare has treatment facilities located throughout Massachusetts and Rhode Island, making it convenient to find exceptional treatment care when it’s needed.
- AdCare Hospital in Worcester (Inpatient).
- AdCare Outpatient in Worcester.
- AdCare Outpatient in West Springfield.
- AdCare Outpatient in North Dartmouth.
- AdCare Outpatient in Quincy.
Rhode Island locations:
- AdCare Rhode Island in North Kingstown (Inpatient).
- AdCare Outpatient in Greenville.
- AdCare Outpatient in South Kingstown.
- AdCare Outpatient in Warwick.
AdCare provides both inpatient and outpatient care. They treat alcohol abuse, opioid addictions, and for other substances as well. They offer family and community services, virtual meetings, telehealth services, and even a specialized treatment program tailored specifically to the needs of veterans and first responders.
There are many treatment option across the country. But at the end of the day, an individual battling with a substance use disorder or an alcohol use disorder simply wants help from a provider that’s going to give them the care they need in a safe environment under licensed physicians and a professional staff.
Traveling for healthcare & essential services is permitted across the US. Addiction treatment is essential, and we are here for our patients in this difficult time. AdCare is taking every precaution to ensure patient and staff safety. We are able to test incoming patients and anyone feeling unwell to ensure peace of mind and focus on addiction treatment.