AdCare Hosts Cook-out For Recovery Awareness Month
The recovery community came together to focus on a common goal: to improve the lives of individuals and families impacted by substance misuse. AdCare hosted its first Recovery Month Cookout and Resource Sharing Afternoon on September 21, 2022, at AdCare Outpatient Services in Worcester, MA.
The fun event hosted community partners from treatment, recovery support, and related services. The team enjoyed a barbeque and games to celebrate changing lives through treatment.
Recovery Awareness Month
National Recovery Month started more than 30 years ago and is held every September to promote and support new evidence-based treatment and recovery practices and recognize the dedication of service providers and communities who make recovery possible.
Recovery Month also reinforces the message that behavioral health is essential to overall health and treatment is effective. An inpatient rehab program at Adcare can offer certain benefits that other forms of treatment may not include.
Some of these benefits include:
- The ability to detox in a safe and secure environment with 24/7 medical care and support.
- Being able to work through substance abuse issues, codependency, co-occurring disorders, and trauma with various therapies.
- A highly structured environment.
- A close community of peers to connect with and learn from during the recovery process.
- The opportunity to focus solely on your recovery away from any triggers.
If you are struggling with addiction and looking for rehab in Rhode Island, Adcare Treatment Center can help.