Alcohol & Drug Rehab Center Near Springfield
The city of Springfield, Massachusetts—known as the “City of Firsts”—is widely known as the birthplace of basketball. Unfortunately, like other cities and towns in Massachusetts and across America, many of Springfield’s residents are affected by drug and alcohol misuse and addiction.
If you or someone you love is struggling with a substance use disorder, help is available. This page will provide useful information about types of addiction treatment, drug and alcohol rehabs near Springfield, MA, and additional resources to help you find addiction treatment in Massachusetts.
Addiction Treatment Center Near Springfield
Each AdCare location has a dedicated care team comprised of the most experienced physicians, nurses, therapists, and staff, to ensure you receive the highest quality addiction treatment. We offer several levels of rehab and customize each person’s treatment plan to ensure their individual needs are met.
Types of Addiction Treatment in MA
Finding the right addiction treatment program can make all the difference. It’s important that each patient works with their clinical team to determine what program is right for them and their specific situation.
Our drug rehab near Springfield provides several types of addiction treatment, including:
- Medical Detox. For many people with a substance use disorder, detox is the first step when addiction treatment begins. This level of rehab offers medical supervision to ensure each patient’s comfort and safety during the withdraw process.
- Inpatient Treatment. Inpatient rehab involves residing in the addiction treatment facility where care and support is provided 24/7. Patients attend therapy and other treatment programming to help them make lasting changes that support their long-term recovery.
- Intensive Outpatient Program. Similar to inpatient programming, intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) provide the structure of intensive daily addiction treatment, but patients return home each day after attending treatment at the rehab facility near Springfield.
- Outpatient Addiction Treatment. During outpatient rehab, patients live at home while attending addiction treatment programming during the day. This level of treatment can work well for those who do not need as intensive of a program and have to attend to work or family responsibilities.
During rehab, it is not uncommon to move between levels of care as you progress on your recovery journey.
Admissions and Paying for Rehab
During the rehab admissions process, our clinical team will get to know you and develop a plan with you to ensure you receive the right level of support during treatment.
Many people are concerned about how to pay for rehab near Springfield; however, affordable options are available. AdCare is in-network with most major insurance providers, allowing you to use such providers as Cigna for rehab and Humana for addiction treatment near Springfield.
To learn more about using insurance coverage for addiction treatment, call a caring admissions navigator now at . You can also confidentially .
Springfield Substance Use Statistics
During FY 2022, the top 2 primary substances reported in all substance use treatment admissions in MA were:1
- Heroin/Fentanyl: 38%
- Alcohol: 36%
Alcohol Use & DUIs in Springfield
Between 2015-2019, the average annual deaths in MA attributed to alcohol due to excessive alcohol use was 2,760 per year.2
In 2020, there were 44 alcohol-related driving fatalities in Hampden County alone.3
Drug Use & Overdoses in Springfield
Also concerning are the statistics showing the magnitude of harm opioid misuse has caused in Springfield and the surrounding areas:4
- 1 in 10 MA residents who died from opioid-related overdoses was a resident in Hampden County.
- 40% of Hampden County opioid-related overdose deaths occurred in Springfield in 2021.
- Teens in MA are 33% more likely than the average American teen to have used drugs in the past month.
- Of the opioid-related deaths in 2021 in MA, 93% of them involved fentanyl.