The Benefits of Treatment through Telehealth Services
The 2020 pandemic has undoubtedly changed the face of how businesses and industries conduct themselves. The goal of providing exceptional service while keeping the health and safety of consumers and employees safe has been challenging. And when it comes to drug and alcohol treatment, those struggling with these addictions can’t wait for the pandemic to be over in order to get the help that they need. They need help now.
And this is why AdCare Treatment Centers is instrumental in helping those battling with a substance use disorder or alcohol use disorder. AdCare, an American Addiction Centers’ treatment facility, provides telehealth services throughout its many locations. With locations in both Massachusetts and Rhode Island, the New England-based facility is able to reach many patients in need.
Outpatient services available via telehealth in Massachusetts include:
- West Springfield.
- North Dartmouth.
Outpatient services available via telehealth in Rhode Island include:
- South Kingstown.
The benefits of telehealth include:
- Minimizing unnecessary COVID-19 exposure.
- No need to take time off from work.
- Get time back in your day by not having to drive to and from outpatient treatment.
- No need to arrange for elder or childcare while in treatment.
AdCare also offers family services and counseling as an added benefit. We believe that friends and family’s participation in their loved one’s treatment process contributes to long-term sobriety, as well as allows them to receive support that they need. AdCare offers virtual family education meetings once a month. The meetings are already scheduled for the rest of 2021.
As travel restrictions are lifted and COVID-19 guidelines are revised, there is still the option to attend treatment in-person. Even if you simply want to attend treatment in person, AdCare has protocols in place to keep both patients and staff safe.
In-person treatment services offered:
- Detoxification. This is a 3-5 day process of ridding the body of toxins. Patients are monitored by medical professionals 24/7.
- Inpatient rehabilitation. This program treats drug and alcohol dependency from a medical perspective, whereas outpatient treatment tends to be counseling-based.
- Rehabilitation and residential programs. Rehabilitation tends to last about 14 to 28 days and focuses on the clinical parts of addiction. A tailored treatment plan is created for patients with their case manager and primary counselor. Residential programs are for individuals with more easily managed psychiatric and medical conditions. Plus, individuals are monitored for medical issues that may arise.
- Crisis unit. The purpose of this unit is to help individuals with signs of underlying psychiatric complications and addiction. AdCare provides a psychiatric evaluation to determine the more effective therapies or medications to get the symptoms under control.
Whether you choose in-person treatment at our facility or choose access to our care remotely, AdCare provides the same quality of care either way. Not only have we been recognized as one of the best drug rehabs and best alcohol rehabs in Worcester in 2021 by Expertise, but we are also accredited with the Joint Commission, which illustrates our commitment to improving health care quality and safety.