Detox is a crucial aspect of the inpatient program, as it addresses the body’s physical dependence on a substance. Going through detox allows individuals to rid their body of toxins and focus on the emotional and psychological elements of healing.
What to Expect:
- Safe, support, and medically managed detox environment
- Daily medical rounds, 24 hour monitoring
- Respectful, individualized, confidential treatment
- Medical history review, physical screening, and bio-behavioral assessment
- Contact with signification others, employer/EAP, and other treating professionals
- The assessment and management of co-occurring conditions/disorders
- Professional assistance in recognizing the physical, social, and psychological consequences of alcohol/drug use.
During the detoxification program patients are medically managed 24-hours per day, and participate in a daily program designed to increase their understanding of their addiction and continuing care needs. Management of co-occurring disorders can be initiated as indicated.
The daily schedule consists of a variety of activities, including:
- Educational groups
- An introduction to self-help
- Preparatory counseling and motivational group therapy
- Family educational and counseling sessions, for loved ones.