Addiction Family Counseling Programs Servicing Massachusetts and Rhode Island
One of the most harmful effects of alcohol and drug addiction is the damage it causes to families. At AdCare, we firmly believe that family members and friends deserve to participate in their loved one’s treatment process, both to increase the chances of a successful recovery and to receive counseling and support for themselves. Our addiction family counseling program is designed to help loved ones get involved and begin to heal.
Benefits of Family Support During Addiction Treatment
No two roads to recovery are the same, but patients at all levels and stages of inpatient or outpatient treatment benefit from family support. Consider just a few of the advantages of bringing family members and friends into the recovery process:
- When loved ones participate, it removes much of the shame and stigma of addiction, allowing for honesty and positivity moving forward.
- When family members are better educated about addiction and recovery, they are more prepared to be supportive and can help the patient avoid relapse in the future.
- By receiving counseling and guidance themselves, loved ones can rebuild their own lives and relationships with one another.
- Family members can learn how their actions may have contributed to or enabled addiction.
- Talking things out with professional counselors in a neutral forum can help everyone communicate more honestly, leading to a strengthened family unit.
Family Counseling and Support Services at AdCare
To help family members and friends get involved in the recovery process, AdCare offers a wide range of services through our addiction family counseling program. Individual and group counseling, educational sessions, and mentoring are all available at AdCare Hospital, AdCare Rhode Island, and our seven outpatient clinics. We also offer intervention help for loved ones who may be experiencing difficulty coming to terms with their alcohol or drug addictions.
To learn more about how your family can get involved with a loved one’s addiction treatment and recovery process, call AdCare today. And remember, it’s not necessary to have a relative or friend currently enrolled at an AdCare facility to get in touch.